- Tourist Attractions
- Lotte World
- Large tourism, distribution and leisure complex located on the shores of Seokchon Lake, Jamsil-dong, Songpa-gu, Seoul.The complex boasts a total area of 0.13 ㎢ and a total floor area of 0.58 ㎢. It is two times larger than the Olympic Main Stadium in terms of the total area and 60 times larger than the Jangchung Arena in terms of the total floor area. The complex accommodates Lotte Hotel World, Lotte Department Store, shopping center, fashion mall, traditional market, swimming pool, ice rink, sports center, medical center, Lotte World Adventure indoor amusement park, folk museum where visitors can experience the traditional culture and history of Korea, Magic Island amusement park floating on Seokchon Lake, wedding hall, cultural center, and restaurant area. The complex is a multi-purpose living space that provides all the services one needs in everyday life from shopping to entertainment, leisure activities and sports in one place.
- 1988 (fully opened in 1990)
- 240, Olympic-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul
- Jamsil Station on Line 2 or 8, Exit 4
- Blue bus 301, 341, 360, 362 or N13
- Green bus 3217, 3313, 3314, 3315, 3317, 3411, 3414 or 4319
- Red bus 1007-1 or 6900
Lotte World Tower
- What Dubai, Taipei, Shanghai and Kuala Lumpur have in common is that they are home to some of the world's tallest skyscrapers that symbolizes the country and is visited by numerous tourists from around the world. In 2015, Seoul joined the group of these cities with the completion of Lotte World Tower, a new landmark of Seoul representing Korean beauty. The fifth tallest building in the world comprises 123 stories above the ground and six stories below the ground, boasting a height of 555 meters. It has become a world-famous tourist destination that attracts 2.5 million visitors every year. The top floors of the building house observation decks, six-star hotel, premium private offices, and art galleries. The lower floors accommodate the world's fifth largest shopping mall. The second Lotte World is a tourism and shopping complex with concert halls, cultural spaces, and educational and research facilities. Lotte World Tower applied state-of-the-art and environmentally friendly construction methods in terms of technology and embodies the beauty of curves inherent in Korean arts and architecture in terms of design. Particularly, to actualize a green building system, the tower applied optimized energy efficiency technology and various eco-friendly technologies, which earned it the highest green building rating in Korea and the gold rating in LEED, an internationally recognized green building certification system. On October 9, 2018, the aggregated number of visitors to Lotte World Tower and the tower's shopping mall exceeded 100 million in only three years after its opening. On December 2017, it held the first Countdown Show that featured 15,000 fireworks over the span of 555 seconds before the turing of the new year. The fireworks festival has been held every year since.
- 300, Olympic-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul
- Jamsil Station on Line 2, Exit 1
Lotte World Tower Seoul Sky Observatory
- High-speed elevators take you to the observatory on the 120th floor, 495 meters above the ground, in just one minute. The observatory, which is taller than Namsan Tower, the traditional landmark of Seoul, commands a panoramic view of the surrounding areas with visibility up to 80 km on sunny days. Skyways, installed on both the indoor and outdoor observatories, allow you to appreciate the magnificence of Seoul City with the thrill of walking on glass-bottomed decks, feeling like walking through the sky. So, don't miss the skyway experience at the observatory.
- Charlotte Theater is Korea's first and best theater exclusive for musicals with 1,230 seats. In 2004, Lotte Group, to foster the Korean musical industry, invested KRW 45 billion and commenced the construction of the theater that opened its doors on October 28. Charlotte Theater, distinguished from other theaters by its elegant, antique Medieval European style design, world's top-level stage equipment, powerful sound, state-of-the-art lighting system, and stage close to the audience, allows the audience to feel the liveliness of the performance.
- 240, Olympic-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul
- Jamsil Station on Line 2, Exit 3