- Tourist Attractions
- Olympic Park
Cause of creating the Park
- For 1986 Seoul Asian Games and 1988 Seoul Olympics
About the Park
- 6 stadiums around Mongchon Toseong area. Green areas were formed in Mongchon Toseong and surrounding area, Olympic Center and 5 stadiums(gymnastics, weight lifting, fencing, tennis, velodrome) were built in 1986, Olympic swimming pool and sculpture park were added in 1988, and finally Seoul Olympics were held. Special fabric was used for ceilings of gymnastics/fencing stadiums that could penetrate 10% of sunlight; lightings are auto-controllable and the auditorium was specially designed to adjust the size. Outside wall of weight lifting stadium has a modern look with semi-transparent fiber class panels.
- Seoul Olympic Park was built in Mongchon Toseong site(Historic Site No. 297), a 2,285m-long historic site of ancient capital of Baekje.
- In the Park, there are Olympic monuments including ‘Peace Gate’, ‘Meeting in Seoul’ and ‘Wall of Glory’ and Mongchon History Museum where early Baekje remains are exhibited; over 200 sculptures commissioned to famous modern sculptors from 66 countries are also exhibited.In addition, Seoul Olympic Parktel was opened in September 1990; there is Seoul Olympic Memorial Hall that shows everything and anything related to Seoul Olympics.
- Olympic Park is a great educational place for history, art, culture, sports and leisure at the same time; the park is used for sports and cultural and art performances.
- 424, Olympic-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul
- Jamsil Station on Line 2
- Jamsillaru Station on Line 2
- Olympic Park Station on Line 5
- Mongchontoseong Station on Line 8 (World Peace Gate)
- Hanseong Baekje Station and Olympic Park Station on Line 9
- Olympic Hall: General bus 16, 30, 30-1, 30-3, or 70/ Blue bus 340, 341 or 342/ Green bus 3318 or 3319
- Olympic Park South Gate 2 (Seoul Baekje Museum): General bus 30 or 30-5/ Green bus 3412 or 3413
- Olympic Park East Gate 2 (Olympic Park Station): General bus 30-5 or 35/ Green bus 3214, 3220, 3319, 3412 or 3413